How to Apply
- Any requests for special accommodations must be submitted with your application and received by initial Application Deadline. Such requests require third party verification of special needs.
- Candidates are assigned to testing centres on a first-come, first-served basis. If space is full, candidates may be offered an alternate site based upon availability. Other factors may arise that require the CCEB to assign or re-assign candidates to an alternate site.
- Exam dates and locations are subject to change based on site capacities and the number of candidates applying. We recommend waiting for your final confirmation letter following the cancellation deadline before making travel arrangements. Special requests for dates and times must be submitted with your application and will only be considered under extraordinary circumstances.
- The CCEB cannot accept payment of any kind over the phone or by email. Credit card payment(s) may only be made online via PayPal. If you experience any difficulties paying with PayPal, please contact PayPal directly. Please allow yourself sufficient time prior to Application Deadline to resolve any unexpected difficulties with PayPal. The CCEB is not responsible for any incomplete online applications or applications not processed or completed through PayPal.
- All correspondence will be sent by email. You must add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure emails are not flagged as spam. Confirmation will be sent by the CCEB within 72 hours of receipt of application or correspondence. If you do not receive this confirmation, please phone the CCEB at 403-230-5997.
- An application is considered deficient until all items application, transcript or letter of eligibility, fees, and photo) have been received by the Application Deadline (4:00 pm Alberta time).
- Any applications remaining deficient after the Application Deadline has passed are considered for Late Application. Late applications are accepted for Component A and B exams only. No late applications are accepted for Component C exams.
- All cancellations will be assessed an Administration Fee.
- At the end of your application, you will be brought to a window which will state that your application has been received. Should you not reach this window, your application has not been received.
- Requirements that must be received by Application Deadline:
- Must be received by Application Deadline at 4:00 pm Alberta time in order to avoid additional late fees
- All Components A & B applications received after the Application Deadline or applications that have remained deficient at Application Deadline are subject to a $375.00 Late Fee
- No late applications are accepted for the Component C Exam
- Requirements that must be received by Cancellation Deadline:
- Letter of Eligibility or Transcript
- Must be received by Cancellation Deadline at 4:00 pm Alberta time in order to remain registered for the exam
- The appropriate exam fees, in Canadian funds only, in the form of a certified cheque, bank draft, or money order. Personal cheques are not accepted. Electronic payment (via PayPal) is available if you Apply Online.
Letter of Eligibility or Transcript
- Photos will be kept on file for 12 months.
- Photos may be submitted with the online application, scanned and emailed to email@example.com, couriered or mailed to the CCEB office. If couriered or mailed, the photo must have the applicants name printed on the back.
- Applications will be rejected if the photo does not meet the photo requirements:
- Photo must be a close-up of the head and shoulders so that the face covers a minimum of 75% of the photo.
- Photo must show a full front view of the face and top of the shoulders squared to the camera (the image of the face and shoulders must be centered in the photo)
- Photo must be taken against a plain white or light-coloured background so that the applicant’s features are clearly distinguishable against the background. There should be enough contrast between the background and the traits or clothing.
- Photo must be clear, sharp and in focus
- The photo must be a current passport style of the applicant taken within the last year
- For each exam, we require a Letter of Eligibility or Transcript confirming your current GPA and expected date of graduation. Faxed or scanned copies are accepted but must show transmission from a recognized fax or email associated with the college. This document must be received by 4pm Alberta time on the Cancellation Deadline.
- When a final transcript is received, it will apply to all future CCEB exams.
- Component C only: A final transcript directly from your DC Program is required before results will be released.
- Late Applications will be accepted for Component A & B exams only.
- Applications received after the Application Deadline will be considered for the exam with an additional fee in Canadian funds only, in the form of a certified cheque, bank draft or money order. Personal cheques are not accepted. Electronic payment (via PayPal) is available if you Apply Online.
- The deadline for submission of Late Applications is 4:00 pm Alberta time on the posted Cancellation Deadline. After that time, no applications will be received.